Saturday, December 1, 2018

Jingle Bell Hayride

**I'm going to skip ahead a little bit here and blog about today and then get back to catching up on last week's adventures.**

This morning we were up with the birds. Dakota was so excited to see what the gift was under the tree that she was in our room around 6:40 this morning. I thought I was going to die I was so tired, but I got up and went down with the kids anyways. I had wrapped and put their Lego advent calendars under the tree a few days ago and both kids were super curious and excited to see what was inside! 

They were also super excited to see that our elf Peppermint was back!




They put together their Lego's for the day and then played a bit until it was time to get ready to go to the Jingle Bell Hayride event that I bought tickets to ages ago. The hayride was the longest I've ever been on and it was quite chilly out this morning! The kids could have done without it so I'll keep that in mind for next year. (Tickets are hard to get for this as it sells out really fast so it was a one time thing anyways)


After the hayride we were able to get some snacks (cookies, donuts, mini cupcakes, you know, breakfast stuff, haha) as well as hot cocoa, coffee or hot apple cider. It was all pretty good and the cocoa really warmed us up.

Then the kids got the chance to roast marshmallows, pet some animals from the farm that is on the property and get their photo taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus. 



There is a really nice playground too and I think playing there may have been their favorite part! Oh well, you win some you lose some. 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...