Saturday, December 1, 2018

Thanksgiving Week, Day 4

So, as we know, my family has lots of dogs but they also have quite a few cats. My parents have three, Chi-Chi, Ruby and Leo. My sister has two Pudge and Penny, and my brother has one, Lillian. The cats keep themselves hidden most of the time but they did come out really early in the mornings and would sometimes hang out with us in the evenings. One morning Ruby was hanging out with me at breakfast and I got this pic of her...she's a really beautiful cat, but definitely a "pet me until I'm done and then I will scratch the shit out of you and run" type. Sweet. 




Mom and I made a little more progress on our needle felting but when we didn't have anything else going on that day Mom offered to watch the kids while Tony and I headed out for a little bit to a nearby brewery called River Rat.

Tony decided to do a flight. His six choices were: Red Ale, Brown Ale, Victim, Blood Orange, Marzen and Winter Warmer. He enjoyed them all!



It was Taco Tuesday so we decided to go ahead and eat lunch while we were there. The food was really good and I'm honestly just continuously surprised how decent the food is in these tiny breweries. I'd expect the beer to be good and appreciate that the food is too. I had the taquito's and Tony went with three tacos. I know it doesn't look all that good, but it absolutely was!



We took a walk around the property and it's actually a really cool place. The inside is pretty small but the have a massive outside patio area as well as a roof bar. It's a view of buildings and stuff but still kind of a nice place to hang out.



It seems that most breweries have a couple games sitting around for people to play and Tony was messing with this one while I was walking around. It's simply a hook attached to a wall and you try to swing a ring to land on the hook. After a few dozen tries he did manage to get the ring on!


It was a nice little break away and we really appreciated my mom watching the kids for us! 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...