Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ice Cup

Since the weather cleared off yesterday the tournament was held today. Tony and Zoe got up really early this morning (7am) and got out to the field around 8am to help clean it up. They had to break up the ice on the ground and fill the holes and then reline the field...I think if you are breaking ice up on the field it may be just a little too cold for games. Apparently I am the only one that feels that way though because all the teams showed up and played. I worked the concession stand from about 3:30 - 5:30 and I was FREEZING! I don't know how some of the people stayed out there all day. The wind was really whipping through the field but the girls didn't seem to mind too much. I guess naming this tournament the Ice Cup was very fitting! Zoe's team didn't do too well, they lost both games. The first was 3-0 and the second was 1-0, so they didn't play too badly they just couldn't get the goals they needed and Zoe said that during the 1st game two of their goals were scored accidentally by her own teammates! OOPS!

The only other thing I did today was go and buy Landon's bed. I don't know what I am going to do with the old one though...it is still in pretty good shape. His new bed is going to be delivered on Wednesday and I didn't tell him I got it so that it will be a surprise. He is really going to be happy when he sees it because he keeps asking me if I will get it for him. I just keep telling him I am still thinking about it.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...