Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Landon woke me up at 9am in order to give me his Mother's Day gifts. At school he planted a seed in a Styrofoam cup (what seed, we don't know, and neither does he!) decorated the cup and he made a little popsicle stick flower to go with it. He was so proud of what he had made! He also did a few pages at school about "why his mom is special" and such and some of his answers really made me laugh! For instance, they had a part where they filled in the blanks and this was one of them:

"My mom is really smart! She even knows more than my dad!"

That one made me laugh! Another of his questions and answers was:

"My mom likes when I go to school!" Oh, man! I felt so bad about that one! I do like when he goes to school and all, but lord he could have said I liked scrap booking or art or pedicures, but no, I like when he goes to school!

Zoe, forgot all about Mothers Day this year (I think). I asked her where my Mothers Day gift was hiding (just teasing her) and she kinda looked at me like oh-crap! So, she sat up on Friday night and made me a sweet homemade card. She did a really nice job on it, and wrote a lovely little note to me on the inside. Her's made me laugh a little too though because on part of it it read "you've been with me all my life". Yeah, I suppose I have, just funny to read it that way! LOL! Also, at the bottom of her card she wrote "Have a great day. I hope nothing goes wrong! Maybe we'll win our game." Too funny! (They lost 4-1, but it sure didn't ruin my day! or hers!)

We don't usually do anything for Mothers Day, and when Tony asked me what I wanted I told him something homemade. So, he made me breakfast and the kids made me cards and stuff. Tony and Landon also got me a gorgeous Hydrangea. It is in the house for now, but if it ever stops raining I plan to replant it in the backyard.

I can't remember the last time I spent Mother's Day with my mom. They were up here just a week ago though, and I did get a picture of us together!

Happy Mother's Day Mom! I Love You!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...