Thursday, May 22, 2008

Table for 3?

Tony flew to Alabama today to see Kiersten graduate. It isn't very often that we are apart, from each other or the kids, so today was an unusual one for us.
Landon just keeps asking over and over again what time Dad will be back. Anyways, we are so used to eating dinner together that tonight was odd setting the table for 3 instead of 4. I said something to the effect of  it just isn't the same without dad, and Zoe agreed and said "yeah, it's really weird". I am happy to say that out of this I realize (again) how lucky we are to all have each other. I see now that even if only one of us is missing from the equation, we all feel it, even if it is only for 24 hours. I am sure that tomorrow we will all be wondering what the big fuss was about, but until then, we will be waiting for Dad to get back.

1 comment:

Me said...

I love that blog! It's good that he went but better that his was missed! All families should eat together, often!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...