Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back Home Blues

Life sure seems boring compared to last week when we were on vacation! I haven't been able to think of a thing to write about all week...nothing interesting to report.

We ended up heading home from Myrtle a day early because of the tropical storm that was brewing off the coast. It just isn't any fun to be on vacation at the beach while it rains all day! We were all really tired of hearing the upstairs neighbors run around too, so we were happy to get away from that as well.

The day before we got home, our dog ate something that made her sick. My mother-in-law was keeping her at her house, so I have no idea what the dog got into, but she started throwing up, then quit eating all together. When I picked her up Sunday she was really lethargic and not herself at all. Sunday she pretty much just stayed under my bed all day and slept. Monday she came down and ate a little so I thought she was getting better...wrong. Later that day she had this red, nasty looking rash/hives all over her body. So, Tuesday we were back in the vets office. So, it seems that she either ate something she was allergic to, or something stung her...we'll probably never know. She is doing much better now that she is on med's. I think she is now officially the most expensive pet, in the world.

Other news: We got a new camera! Actually, we went out on Sunday (morning) and got a newer Canon digital. I am so happy about that, and excited to get to know how to use it. I am going to read the manual this time...at least I intend to! I really need to get a better idea of all of the camera's capabilities.

Pretty boring huh? I warned you....

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...