Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update

 IMG_1544 Last Thursday I was late getting to the bus stop to pick up Landon. Actually, the bus was early, but Landon doesn't see it that way, I mean, how could his bus get here early? As far as he's concerned his bus couldn't get here early enough! Even though I wasn't close, I could tell the minute I saw him that something was wrong. I ran up to see what was the matter and there was blood all over his lips and some on his cheek, hand and his water bottle. At first I thought he'd been hurt, but he quickly pointed out that he had lost his front tooth on the bus ride home! He was really worried about all the blood, and he was starting to get sick because of the taste in his mouth. I had to rush him home and clean him up before he really did get sick! He talked funny for the rest of the day; he just couldn't get used to not having a tooth there! He is back to talking normally now, and the adult tooth is already showing!

Friday was really cold here, we even had a few more flurries, but nothing productive. Luckily Landon's last soccer practice was canceled so we just hung out at home which was nice. IMG_1548I got Kung Fu Panda from Netflix and the kids and I really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was going to be very good, but I was pleasantly surprised. Saturday morning was Landon's final soccer game and it was extremely cold. I think the temps were in the low 30's and it was very windy. After his game Zoe had her soccer party. The coach rented out an indoor soccer field for the girls to have a scrimmage. Since Zoe went to the doctor about her hip she didn't get to participate, but she went and watched any ways.

IMG_1567 This morning I went and got my hair cut + colored. Then I decided it was time for Tony and Landon to also get their hair cut! Zoe's hair is looking pretty good, so the only one left is the dog and she really needs to go! The kids are out for the week for Thanksgiving and they are already acting like they don't know what to do with themselves. We played a couple games tonight, Rumis and SkipBo. Zoe didn't want to play in the beginning but after we started playing her whole attitude changed and she was happy to play along. I kicked all their butts in Rumis and Tony beat us all at SkipBo. It was nice that we all spent time together since it seems that we get to less and less often these days. Hopefully the kids enjoyed it too.

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like a productive weekend! Glad to read that Landon wasn't hurt and it was just his tooth. Boy it sure has been cold...I guess it's not that far from Christmas, but we had such warm weather for so long.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...