Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

IMG_2178 It is our annual tradition to go to my in-laws house for Christmas Eve. The kids look forward to going over there and opening their gifts and then getting to play with their toys for awhile before we eat dinner and then eventually head home.

Ever since they rolled out of bed this morning all they could talk about was going to Mema's! I told them we weren't planning on going over until around 2, so they were just biding their time all day waiting for 2 o'clock to get here! Almost as soon as we got there we opened gifts. They each got some nice gifts from Mema and Umpa, as did Tony and I. We had lasagna for dinner and ended up staying there until about 7:30pm.

IMG_2237Here is a photo of the gift I made for my mother-in-law. It isn't a great shot, but it is a cross-stitch of a bunch of junk food and it says "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's". It is really appropriate for her since she is always giving my kids a bunch of junk food!

IMG_2239 When we got back home the kids put cookies out for Santa and Landon cut up celery and threw it out in the front yard for the reindeer. We had to use celery since we were out of carrots, but we figured since they're just reindeer they'll be happy.

Now, I am just biding my time waiting for the kids to get to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a really busy day and we still have plenty of work to get done tonight!

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I love the cross stitch you did for your MIL! I used to cross stitch. We're dealing with the flu here. Ugghh!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...