Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the Making

I have never been a very politically active person. I try to pay attention when it is election time, so that I will know who I want to vote for. Aside from that, I get bits and pieces from the papers, T.V. and Internet and that's that. So today while I was out to lunch and I realized that the inauguration was about to begin I thought, no big deal, I'll just read some of the closed captioning and that's enough.

Wrong.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of the TV! I was reading and reading and as soon as Tony and I had finished eating we drove home (while listening to the ceremony on the radio) and once home I dropped my bags and ran downstairs to watch the rest on TV! We got home just as he was being sworn in and I was happy to see him choke up a little during his oath...it's a great reminder to all of us that he is only human, and can only do so much with his time in office. Tony and I both agreed that he is an amazing speaker; he just really captivates you as a listener and makes you want to hear what he is saying. (A great quality in his line of work I suppose!) I am anxious to see what he can get accomplished during his time in office!

1 comment:

The Fry's said...

Although I didn't vote for him, I couldn't help but watch either. I have so many prayers of good things to come. Pray-Pray-Pray! I also found myself a little in awe of them, I can't imagine the life they will live for the next 4 years or so.

Mario Enemies and More...

Harper loves making books. He's made several books in the past couple of years and just lately made one all about Mario's enemies (t...