Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the Making

I have never been a very politically active person. I try to pay attention when it is election time, so that I will know who I want to vote for. Aside from that, I get bits and pieces from the papers, T.V. and Internet and that's that. So today while I was out to lunch and I realized that the inauguration was about to begin I thought, no big deal, I'll just read some of the closed captioning and that's enough.

Wrong.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of the TV! I was reading and reading and as soon as Tony and I had finished eating we drove home (while listening to the ceremony on the radio) and once home I dropped my bags and ran downstairs to watch the rest on TV! We got home just as he was being sworn in and I was happy to see him choke up a little during his oath...it's a great reminder to all of us that he is only human, and can only do so much with his time in office. Tony and I both agreed that he is an amazing speaker; he just really captivates you as a listener and makes you want to hear what he is saying. (A great quality in his line of work I suppose!) I am anxious to see what he can get accomplished during his time in office!

1 comment:

Sissy said...

Although I didn't vote for him, I couldn't help but watch either. I have so many prayers of good things to come. Pray-Pray-Pray! I also found myself a little in awe of them, I can't imagine the life they will live for the next 4 years or so.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...