Saturday, January 3, 2009

One Last Hurrah

Tonight was our final holiday get together/present opening. Chris, Lori and the kids came over to exchange gifts (for the kids) and for dinner. Tony and I decided to go super easy so we bought a deli meat tray at Costco's and some wings, and waa laa...build your own subs for dinner! Talk about easy!

Zoe got a Panic at the Disco cd and a shirt Landon received an Indiana Jones toy

The kids exchanged gifts, but they were mostly happy to be together to hang out. They were in the basement playing while we sat upstairs chatting. They played a little World Tour and then they were acting silly and recording themselves with Zoe's camera. For some reason every time they get together they end up recording themselves, I guess they think they're pretty funny!

Listening to her Ipod and reading at the same time! Zoe has been thoroughly enjoying her Christmas gifts these past couple days. I bought her this series of books for Christmas and she is either close to finishing the 3rd or finished! She really liked the Twilight series so I got these because they sounded similar and I guess they're good!  She just keeps her I-pod, cell phone and book close by and she's perfectly happy!

Listening to the end of his Goosebumps book Last night Landon asked Zoe if she would help him to make something in his Easy Bake Oven. Together they made a tiny yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It actually tasted pretty good; yes I was surprised! While they were making the cake they were listening to this which I had gotten him a few months ago at his school's book fair. Landon just loved listening to the story, but thought it was too scary to listen to alone, so he was glad Zoe was there with him!

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I asked Mitchell if he read Goosebumps a lot and he looked at me like I was nuts. I guess not, must've been one of his friends that was into Goosebumps. Have a great rest of the weekend.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...