Monday, June 15, 2009

Crafts, Wine and Magic

Every year when we visit Massanutten we go to the craft fair. We mostly go for the meatballs and cheese, but the crafts and wine are nice too! It’s a really popular event because of the wine/beer tasting and for a mere $3 you get 4 four ounce cups of either beer or wine to taste. I had quite a buzz going after my first 2 cups, and some of the wine was excellent!

IMG_5341 IMG_5342

After walking around the craft fair we decided to go back to our room for a nap. Tony and I got about an hour of sleep and then we all went out on a bike ride. Bike riding in the mountains is quite different than what we’re used to at home, so about 30 minutes was all it took to wear us out!

Monday night at the lodge is the magic show. We’ve seen the show a few times before, but the kids always really enjoy it. The magician was Jason Bishop and he’s pretty funny…at least Zoe and I thought so! Landon was really impressed with some of his tricks, but mostly the one he did at the very end with the confetti.

IMG_5344

Tomorrow we will be at the water park all day. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to enjoy some of the outside water features. It’s been getting to about 80 degree’s or so by mid day, but the nights and mornings here have been cooler, around 70 or so I would guess. Wednesday morning we are heading out on a rafting excursion which should be fun! 

2 comments:

susan and sometimes aaron said...

impressive, blogging while vacationing. you're truly dedicated! looks like you guys are having a great time!

Carmen O. said...

Looks like fun to me, hey you forgot to pack me in your trunk!! :D

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...