Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father’s Day x2

Dad, Feb 2009

I am terribly lucky to be able to say that this is my father.

Seriously, he is one great guy.

  • Who else lets you mess with him incessantly while he’s trying to sleep?
  • Who else will do magic tricks in the middle of restaurants to keep the kids entertained?
  • Who else volunteers to fly into a war zone, sleep in leaky tents with a bunch of strangers, and deal with sandstorms all in an effort to serve his country and do his work?
  • Who else slips on a curb while cutting the grass and then has to wear a cast for months because the bone just won’t heal?
  • Who else loves the 4th of July and Halloween more than his grandchildren?

Yep, my dad is one awesome guy. He’s terribly funny, passionate about his work, loving and generous.

I Love You Dad! Get home safe, we miss you!

Tony w/ kids June 21, 2009Not only was I lucky enough to have a terrific father, I actually married a fabulous man too!

  • A man who was willing to be a father to my (then) young daughter and eventually ask to adopt her.
  • A man who was willing to give up nearly all his sleep and free time to attend school and work the graveyard shift in order to make our lives better.
  • A man who loves his children and actually spends lots of time with them.
  • A man who puts up with me, and still loves me even when I drive him crazy.
  • A man who will get up and help when anyone yells that they need help doing something…as long as you remember to say please! ;)

I am so proud of you Tony. You are a wonderful father, a terrific husband, an excellent student and a dedicated, hard worker. I am so happy that we have you, and I love you! Happy Father’s Day!

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Wow you are one lucky gal! Two awesome men in your life. Great post Angela!

Mario Enemies and More...

Harper loves making books. He's made several books in the past couple of years and just lately made one all about Mario's enemies (t...