Friday, June 19, 2009

Making Glycerin Soap

This morning Zoe and I took a class on making glycerin soap. Of all the classes that are offered here, Zoe really wanted to take this class. We’ve taken many classes here before, but never soap making, so we really didn’t know what to expect.

IMG_5508 

First you get the two soap molds, choose your soap colors and toys that you want to include, then smell all of the oils to see which one’s you’re going to use.

IMG_5510

Then the soap people give you a measuring cup full of melted glycerin and you mix your choice of soap dye and oil in the glycerin and then pour it over your toys and soap cubes. Zoe chose yellow and blue soap cubes, yellow dye and cucumber melon essence oil.

IMG_5513

Here Zoe is mixing up her second batch of color and oil…cute, huh? We started our class at about 11:15am and finished around 11:30am. Not too much to do, so I don’t know if I’d take the class again, especially for the $15 I paid for each of us to make these two little bars of soap. We did have fun though, and now I know (kinda) how to make soap! ;) 

These are my two bars of soap:

IMG_5515

After we finished with our soap we headed upstairs to play some pool with Tony and Landon before driving up to the Shenandoah National Park for our hike to the waterfalls. (I’ll post about the waterfalls in a separate post.)

IMG_5516IMG_5519 IMG_5517IMG_5520

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...