Sunday, July 26, 2009

At what other time…

Would you play shuffleboard, other than when you are cruising in the middle of the ocean? I don’t think anyone in my family has ever played shuffleboard unless they were on a cruise ship.

IMG_6195IMG_6202

And, what about Bingo? I know there are lots and lots of people who play Bingo on a regular basis, but no one in my family plays…unless they are on a boat. In the middle of nowhere. With nothing else to do.

IMG_6659 IMG_6663

That’s a lot of Bingo cards, isn’t it? Not a winner in the bunch either. We were all hoping to win the Jackpot at the end, but then I guess that’s what all those other people were there for too. Tony was down to 3 numbers before it was over, and I think he was the closest of our group. 

Another thing you don’t see often: Ice Carving. I suppose it doesn’t sound that interesting really, but watching someone carve ice into a sculpture is pretty neat. Especially when they do it with a chainsaw.

IMG_6173

This one was in the Windjammer dining area when we got on the boat. But, in the photo below you see how they start out.

 IMG_6589

Next, the ice sculptor takes out his tools and sets to work:

IMG_6596IMG_6603

And this is the result:

IMG_6609 

Getting a decent shot was difficult, but the carving is of a sea bird…that’s what he told us anyways! We were all pretty impressed that he did most of the work with a chainsaw. The same guy also carves all of the fruit on the ship. But not with a chainsaw. :)

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...