Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2 New Ornaments

We have thousands of ornaments on our tree.

There are thousands more still in ornament boxes in the garage.

Does that stop me from buying new ornaments?

No, of course not.

I see a cute snowman ornament and I just can’t resist. Snowmen have become my favorite holiday decoration. I guess I am officially collecting snowmen now…

So, here is my newest addition:

IMG_8144

I do believe this might just be the happiest snowman on my tree.

My second new ornament is one I had made. Several years ago, my childhood cat (Boo Boo) died and a friend of my parent’s had an ornament made to remember him by. It occurred to me this year how great it was to have that ornament…after all, that cat was a part of our family for more than 15 years.

So this year I decided to have an ornament made to honor our families first pet, Zeno.

IMG_8147

I tried to include his name and the years 1997-2008 on the ornament, but it just didn’t quite fit. I think it turned out really nice though, and he sure was a beautiful animal!

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Beautiful ornaments! I love snowmen too...they always look so happy. Your pet ornament is fabulous and extra special since you made it!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...