Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We spend every Christmas Eve at my in-laws house. My mother-in-law usually makes an Italian dinner, and we let the kids open their gifts early in the afternoon so that we’ll have time to play with them before heading home for the night. We’ve done this every year for several years in a row now…I can’t even remember a Christmas Eve that was different.

Tonight was a bit different though, because Chris, Lori and their kids came by to exchange gifts as well. The kids enjoyed playing with their new toys and each others company while we all just sat around talking and eating more dessert than necessary!

Here are a few pictures from the night:

IMG_8468 

Landon opening his skateboard ramp…he couldn’t wait to get home and play with it! He bought that Santa hat (with his own money) the other day so that he could wear it to school; too bad he never got the chance since school was closed from the blizzard!

IMG_8483

Mema was happy to receive a boxed set of Mary Higgins Clarke movies.

IMG_8488

Zoe really liked this shirt, but it isn’t easy finding clothes for her…she has her own taste in things and sometimes we just don’t agree! But, it seems like Mema and I picked a good one this time!

IMG_8485

Tony got some new computer gear; computer stuff always makes him happy!

IMG_8477

Tony was sure to get a picture of me this year since last year I was nowhere to be found. Mema got me some really nice scrapbooking goodies, so it was a good night for me too!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...