Today is my beautiful daughters 15th birthday. The older I get, the more bittersweet this is to me. It just never occurred to me that I would eventually have a 15 year old. I just thought that she would always be a little red-headed cutie who needed her mom. She’s still a red headed cutie, but she doesn’t need me like she used to. Now she’s a young lady who within a mere two years will be heading off to college, leaving me behind.
I am so proud of this girl though, and I don’t think I could ever tell her enough...so, here are 15 reason’s why Zoe rocks.
1) She has the best hair and everyone knows it. People stop her in the grocery store to tell her they try to get her color out of a bottle, but it never looks that good. She creates hair envy wherever she goes.
2) She is a team player. She began playing soccer at the tender age of four, and although it took a couple season’s to convince her to keep it up, you’d never know it now. She gives 110% on the field at all times.
3) She has endurance. The only other sport Zoe has been interested in is track. She tried out last fall and made the team and ran long distance for Varsity. I love watching her run…it’s something I wish I liked to do.
4) She is inspirational. She inspires me exercise. I joined a gym because she showed me that working out can be a fun challenge. I enjoy the gym, and for that I have Zoe to thank.
5) She is super friendly. Just ask her friends, they’ll tell you how sweet she is.
6) She is hard working. I don’t know anyone more dedicated to their school work. She takes school very seriously and her grades prove it.
7) She is artsy. The papers she makes for her friends are really cool. She makes everyone feel very special with one of her handmade birthday cards. She puts a lot of effort in beautiful art.
8) She loves movies. Even bad ones. ;)
9) She enjoys baking. It doesn’t matter what exactly, but it should always include chocolate.
10) She loves music…wonder where she gets that from?!
11) She’s silly. The things she says and does sometimes are just hilarious!
12) She sets goals and keeps them. She decided a little over 3 months ago that she was only going to drink milk and water from then on…and she’s stuck with it. No soda, no iced tea, no juice…nothing.
13) She plays with her brother sometimes, and it totally makes his day.
14) She says the dumbest things. Because of how smart she is, this always catches me off guard, and makes me die laughing.
15) She has taught me what it means to be a mother. Being my first child she has helped me grow and learn to be a better mother and person. She has opened my eyes to things that I may not have noticed before and I love her all the more for it.