Sunday, January 17, 2010

Christmas Card Layout

I hate to just throw out cards that people send for the holidays, but I just never know what to do with them. So, I happened to be reading Ali Edwards' blog, and she had this idea about cutting parts from the cards and making a page out of them! I thought that was a terrific idea, and last night while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the kids I gathered my cards and put this quick page together.

IMG_8787

Now, it is extremely simple and I didn’t include the photo’s people sent, but I really like how it turned out. To make the number of squares even I made a few of my own just by finding Christmas or winter stickers and adhering them to kraft paper squares of the same size.

Next, I plan to make a page with the photo’s people sent, but that’s going to require my full attention… :)

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

This is fantastic! I haven't done this year's yet. Part of the problem is I love a lot of the card and am not sure I want just squares. Last year I did squares and a couple larger pieces. They year before I just did the squares. I had thrown some out already by the time I had seen the layout that got me started doing this! Great job Angela! Looking forward to the photo cards.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...