Sunday, February 21, 2010

Date Night

Tony and I waited until this weekend to celebrate our Valentines Day because of the crappy weather we were having last weekend. It was just as well though since dinner prices were back to regular and I’m sure it wasn’t as busy as it would have been last Sunday.

We decided to go to Red Lobster for dinner, a place that we haven’t been to in about a year. Last time we went I wasn’t too impressed with our dinner, but this time was excellent. We did end up having a wait, but it was worth it. Right now they are having their “lobsterfest” and that was great news since both of us wanted lobster for dinner.

After dinner we went to see Shutter Island and it too was excellent. I’m one of those people that can read a book (or watch a movie) and forget most of it within a couple of weeks, so even though I read the book, I didn’t remember a lot of it going in. However, once the movie got started it all came back to me, and I was pleasantly surprised with how closely the movie followed the book. I won’t go into the specifics, but if you like a good mystery, you just might like this movie. It was a bit dark and there was quite a bit of language, so you might not want to bring the kids along for this one.

shutter island copy1

We had a really nice time and I think we should try to have “date” nights more often…it’s just nice to have some alone time every once in awhile. And, with the new baby coming soon, we’re going to need all the quiet we can get! :)

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...