Friday, May 7, 2010

Five for Friday

1) Zoe took two AP exams this week. One in statistics and one in European History. She studied her butt off…and now I’m just hoping it paid off.

2) Landon is nearly done learning how to write all his letters in cursive. He was excited to show us how he could write his first and middle names tonight:

IMG_0633 

3) I tried another recipe from The Pioneer Woman's blog this week and it was excellent! It is called Pasta with Tomato-Blue Cheese Sauce…and you can get the recipe by clicking the above link. It’s a great vegetarian dish, but it makes a lot, so either be really hungry or you may want to alter it a bit to fit your smaller family. Or invite neighbors. And, her pictures are much more appetizing than mine, so I hope you’ll try it even after looking at this picture I took! 

IMG_0558 

4) We stopped by Pier One tonight so that I could pick up a birthday present for a friend’s 40th birthday tomorrow. This is what I got but with the orange candle. Landon chose the orange because it smelled the best.

Ginger Peach Candles

I can’t seem to go in Pier One without finding something that I’d like to have. I’m hoping that maybe I’ll get these for Mother’s Day on Sunday. (Hint, hint kiddo’s.)

5) We all chased down the ice cream man last night after dinner. He just happened to be at the right place at the right time. We all enjoyed our ice creams on the front porch…although I’m pretty sure Zoe enjoyed hers the most. I mean, look at those eyes! ;)IMG_0617

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...