Five for Friday
1) I’ve been using this photo of flowers my parent’s brought me for Mother’s Day as my desktop background. I wish they still looked like this in real life…but they are looking pretty droopy.
2) The back of our truck has been looking like this all week:
We’ve boxed and moved a ton of stuff to storage, but there is still about 500 tons to go, and we are down to 9 days. Yikes.
3) My kids only have 21 days of school left for the year. The end of a school year always makes me a little sad. Not because they’ll be home all day, but because it means they are just getting older, and the end of a grade reminds me of their growth. And my age.
4) After dinner we took the kids to Cold Stone. I don’t like how they have to play with the ice cream before you get it. I mean, it just kinda grosses me out to see them slap all that junk in the ice cream and then smoosh it all together with a spoon. I got a “like it” Creme de Menthe shake…it was ok. Zoe had a Birthday Cake Remix and ate the whole thing. Landon had sweet cream ice cream with rainbow sprinkles, gummy bears and chocolate chips…and ate the gummy bears.
5) I got the results back from my glucose test on Monday. Everything was normal! I am thankful for that bit of good news…especially knowing I won’t have to drink that nasty sugar concoction and sit in the doctor’s office for three hours!