Monday, June 14, 2010

Brass Funky

I tried to show just the good stuff in my new home posts prior to this one. But now that you’ve had the tour, it’s time to show you some of the ugly around here.

First up, the lighting.

IMG_1028

This unfortunate thing is in my “formal” dining room. The same room with the giant mirrors. And stained carpet. And it needs to be ripped down. If your thinking it isn’t that bad and that you could find a spot for it in your home, please don’t hesitate to stop by and pick it up. Oh, but before you do, you should know that those are not glass pieces…but, yes, you guessed it, plastic. PLASTIC! Not that it would be any more appealing if it were glass, but seriously. It’s plastic. And brass. And missing pieces. And gone as soon as I can afford to replace it. Maybe sooner.

IMG_1029

Does this light do anything for you? If so, it’s yours. I can’t even imagine who comes up with this crap. I don’t know who chose these lights, builder or owner, but either way I wish they would have consulted someone with taste.

IMG_1030

We have those little atrocities all over the house. Every hallway. They are just so sad and they make me sad. Poor little things.

IMG_1031

I can’t leave out this little number. This can be found in our kitchen area. Although, it’s kind of in a weird spot. See:

IMG_1033 IMG_1034

I’m not sure if you can tell, but this light isn’t really anywhere in particular. It’s just in the middle of the room. I suppose it’s meant to go above a table or something, but it would have to be a pretty small table. And, besides that, it’s brass. I suppose it’s good that there was at least a theme going.

Last, but certainly not least, I give you the hallway light. (Although, if you suffered through all those posts I did yesterday you may have noticed this one already.)

IMG_1032

This one makes me laugh a little. Not just because of it’s ugliness, but because when they hung it, apparently the chain was too long. So, instead of removing the chains, they just looped it around and left them lying on the side of the light. Can you see it? Do you see the twist ties they left at the top? I’m not too sure what those are for, but they do make me laugh. But only a little.

2 comments:

BusyB said...

Wow lol! the owners before had a taste for lighting! Looks like they got just about every kind of gold/goddy lighting there was... Hey its not my thing but if it made them happy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie - hope your vacation is AWESOME! Just a note on the lights in your house - when we took down the ugly brass light fixtures we freecycled them - someone w/more time will probably paint the brass parts and re-purpose them (or maybe they like them as is????!!)
No guilt from dumping the into a landfill - all of ours were taken....
We got some nice looking fixtures for not TOO much money at Lowes - Happy Shopping!

Liz

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...