Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where We’ve Been

This past Saturday was Tony’s birthday. I’m usually trying to figure out what to get him for his birthday at the very last second, but this year I knew what I wanted to get.

Since he has the basement all to himself I thought I would get him something to fill up some of the wall space. He’s always wanted to get a big map and mark off the places we’ve traveled to, so when I saw a huge, magnetic, framed and personalized US map from Frontgate I placed my order.

I ordered extra early (9/14) because I wanted to be sure it would make it here before his birthday. A few weeks after ordering, I got the personalized plaque in the mail and thought that the map must be coming any day. When I still hadn’t received the map by 10/6, I started to get worried and decided to call their customer service. When they looked up my order, it showed that my package had already been delivered! I told them that I had never received the package and they told me the best they could do was to put a tracer on it to see exactly what had happened to it. I got pretty upset considering Tony’s birthday was only 3 days away and it was not a cheap present! I went ahead and emailed the company detailing my ordeal and less than 24 hours later they emailed me back saying that they were going to send me a new map with next day shipping so that I would have his gift by Friday! I was ecstatic!

I’m happy to say that on Friday afternoon the map was delivered and Tony’s birthday surprise was a success!

IMG_2579 IMG_2582 IMG_2583

The map comes with little magnets that you can mark all the places you’ve visited in the United States. They also offer a World map for those lucky people who get to travel abroad. We’ve traveled out of country before, but I think we’ll travel more within the US than out…so, I went with this one.

Now we just need to make some travel plans…

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...