Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Favorites

I took quite a few pictures last night, but most of them didn’t turn out. Most of them were blurry because I just didn’t have time to actually stop and take the picture…it was run, run, run the whole night.

I did get a few that I’m happy with though, and now I’ll make you look at them so you can see that not every picture I take is a blurry mess.

IMG_2889

The first one makes me love Halloween and autumn even more than I already do. I love the twinkly lights and the crazy group of kids at the door. I love that there are a bunch of gourds on the stoop and leaves in the grass. I love that Zoe is out walking with us even though she felt too old to trick-or-treat; a decision she made on her own, not one I enforced. I love that Landon has a bag full of candy that he knows he can’t eat because they have peanuts in them, but that he doesn’t care and can’t wait to get to the next house to see if they’ll have something he can eat. He never lets it bother him that he can’t have peanut M&M’s or Reece’s Cups…he just lets me or Zoe eat them all while he hoards the Skittles and Sweet Tarts.

IMG_2895

I love this because one of Zoe’s best features is her eyes, and her eyelashes curl perfectly up under the eye holes of her mask. I also love that Travis is making this mask totally unique with the sunglasses and that signature “guy” pose. I also love that neither of them balked at walking around the neighborhood with a bunch of younger kids and 3 adults.

IMG_2897

I love this photo of Landon walking down the sidewalk because he hadn’t yet gotten bored of trick-or-treating. We had only stopped at about 5 houses at this point, but still. He really isn’t much into the whole walking around the neighborhood asking for candy thing. He’d rather stay home and scare the crap out of people. But, in this photo, he is running ahead of everyone else in our group, eager to get to the next house…I think he actually got caught up in the excitement of trick-or-treating for once, and enjoyed himself.

IMG_2898

This one I love because of Lauren’s blue wig. She must have put four thousand bobby pins in her hair, yet by the end of the night, her wig was kind of sliding off her head.

I also love that while walking around our neighborhood Lauren saw her friend who was dressed up as Cindy Loo Who, and they let me get a picture of them together:

IMG_2900

Just look at her hair!

IMG_2900

So cute!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks like a very fun night! Glad Zoe went along with you guys :-)

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...