Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And the Lights were Hung…

It has been fun decorating our new house this season. I had decorated our old house the same way for the past several years, so this year it was kind of fun to figure out how we were going to do things.

One of the biggest challenges was getting the icicle lights up outside. We don’t own a ladder that reaches to the top of our house, so Tony had to ask a neighbor if he could use theirs. They were kind enough to let us use their ladder, but it still didn’t even come close to long enough to get to the top of the house! (The pictures below are of the shortest part of our roof.)

So, in true Tony fashion, he climbed up on the roof to hang the lights…and I couldn’t even take pictures because it made me feel sick just looking at him up there! I think next year we’ll look into hiring someone to put our lights up. It just doesn’t seem important enough to risk your life for!

I was able to get a few pictures of him at the top of the ladder though, and that was nerve racking enough!

IMG_3086

IMG_3083

Here’s a photo of what the house looked like after he got the majority of the lights up. Just ignore that small section of lights that are out…somehow they came back on themselves.

IMG_3191

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...