Friday, December 24, 2010

The East Room…I think!

Last night as I was going through all my White House pictures, I realized I had enough for a few posts, so I’m going to back track a little.

Remember this “peacock” tree?

IMG_3605

Well, in the same room as this tree (which I believe was the East room) was this gorgeous mantle:

IMG_3606

IMG_3608

There was also a flute chorus playing while we toured this room:

IMG_3614

IMG_3616

Did you notice the mural behind them? Pretty cool, huh? And what is that big instrument that looks like a giant 4? Dad called it the 4 Horn…lol.

Check out this portrait of George Washington:

IMG_3615

We were told that it was one of the very first portraits to be hung in the White House.

IMG_3619

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I need to take some tips from the White House for my house next year :-) Amazing!!!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...