Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sweet 16

IMG_3233

I am officially the mother of a 16 year old. I guess I knew that she’d be 16 at some point in time, but it feels like it got here awfully fast.

Her day didn’t get off to the best start because we were having a major rain/wind storm this morning and she said that she got drenched on the walk to the bus stop. She said her hair was a mess and some of her friends were being annoying, but luckily things started getting better as the day went on. Some of her friends brought her presents to school and one made her cupcakes and another brought some fudge…so, she got a chocolate fix and started feeling better.

She also chose to go out to Bertucci’s for dinner, a place we have only been a few times. We plan on doing cake and ice cream and give her a few gifts on Saturday when we’ll have a little more time together…our weekdays are pretty jam packed right now. We are also planning a skiing trip in late January or February because that’s what she wanted to do for her birthday “party”. I’m looking forward to that little get away!

I don’t want to get too mushy and embarrass Zoe to death, but I want everyone to know that this is one amazing girl. I am so very proud of this beautiful, smart, talented young lady, and I see nothing but the brightest of future’s ahead for her.

Happy Birthday, sweetie. I love you.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...