Saturday, January 1, 2011

Celebrating on the Eve

We spend every Christmas Eve at my in-laws house. Usually we get there around 2pm because the kids are beside themselves with excitement and Tony and I can’t take the “when are we leaving” question any longer.

This year was no exception and we were at Mema and Umpa’s house by 2. It is also tradition that my mother in law make lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner. She will usually put out cheese and crackers for everyone to munch on before dinner, but we’re lucky to even eat one cracker before the kids start begging to open gifts. Of course, because we’re at Mema’s the kids get their wish and the paper tearing begins around 2:15 or so.

I helped Harper open his first gift of the year. He was excited about the sound of tearing paper at first, but as things got louder he just got overwhelmed.

IMG_3836

Great Grandma enjoyed watching the kids open their gifts.

IMG_3837

Landon got a copy of Despicable Me and some Star Wars Lego sets.

IMG_3849

Zoe got a new charm for her bracelet and some clothes.

IMG_3863

Harper got a few toys. He’s a little young for them now, but before we know it he’ll be too old for them all.

IMG_3865

After all the gifts were open, this happened:

IMG_3888

IMG_3890

I don’t know how or why, but I sure am thankful it did.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...