Sunday, January 2, 2011

He

What has the littlest one has been up to…?

IMG_4006

  • This little guy is 4 1/2 months old and is wearing 6-9 month clothing.
  • He is sucking/biting on his fingers, toes, toys, washcloths, or me every chance he gets.
  • Drool should have been his middle name.
  • He likes to stick his fingers in my mouth when I’m rocking him or feeding him a bottle. Especially his thumb.
  • He would rather play with his feet than any toy we can find.
  • He loves when we rub his gums. He’ll even wrap his legs around my arm and hold onto my hand so that I can’t get away!
  • His favorite song is “Open, Shut Them”. It is a little tune we used to sing when I worked in daycare in order get the kids to wait until everyone was ready to eat lunch. He loves the clap, clap, clap part, so every time a word is repeated, we clap…and he just can’t get enough of it!

Here are the lyrics:

Open, Shut Them, Open, Shut Them

Give a Little Clap, Clap, Clap

Open, Shut Them, Open, Shut Them

Lay Them in Your Lap, Lap, Lap

Creep Them, Crawl Them, Creep Them, Crawl Them

Right Up to Your Chin, Chin, Chin

Open Up Your Little Mouth, But Do Not Let Them In, In, In

  • I know this is awful, but I just love that he cries when someone else is holding him and he sees me. He also seems to fuss if I’m not the one to put him to bed at night…which is fine with me as long as he doesn’t also start demanding only me in the middle of the night!
  • He’s slept through the night several nights now and Tony and I have been feeling great!
  • He doesn’t always sleep through the night…and Tony and I nudge each other with our feet until one of us relents.
  • He’s really close to rolling over.
  • His bedtime routine consists of a bath around 7pm, then a little play time, around 8pm it’s upstairs for bottle/rocking/singing time with me, then into his crib he goes. Awake. And then a little miracle happens and he puts himself to sleep. It’s magical. 
  • He is fascinated by Ginger.
  • And Landon.
  • He loves when Zoe plays with him, but sometimes he will not crack a smile for her…no matter what she does. But, he does love when she talks and sings to him and usually gives her the sweetest smiles.
  • When he’s really happy he squeals. Loudly.
  • He is already leery of people he doesn’t know, but will smile at almost anyone if I’m holding him.

He is awesome.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...