Saturday, January 1, 2011

National Christmas Tree

I didn’t want to leave DC until we had at least walked by the National Christmas tree. It was still early when we got there and the lights weren’t on, so we walked around looking at all the small state trees.

We found Maryland:

IMG_3700

My birth state, Kansas:

IMG_3714

South Carolina, where the rest of my family now lives:

IMG_3727

And, Zoe asked me to get a picture of Puerto Rico for her. I don’t know why.

IMG_3725

Underneath the giant tree there were several trains running. It was pretty elaborate with all the buildings and bridges.

IMG_3695

IMG_3697

IMG_3724

And, finally, the main attraction. In the second and third photo’s the tree lights are on, it’s just still to light out to tell. I wish we could have stayed longer to see it at night, but Tony was home with Harper and it was freezing, so we headed home.

IMG_3698

IMG_3713

IMG_3719

As we walked back to the Metro, I saw this building and thought it was beautiful.

IMG_3729

Unfortunately I didn’t have time to find out what it was!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So beautiful! I would love to see this some time!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...