Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race, Right?

This time last year I had a lot of time on my hands. Looking back, I realize how mundane my life had become. I was volunteering at Landon’s school (a lot), going to the gym regularly, cleaning the house daily since it was on the market and I was pregnant. Other than that, life was ho hum.

Not anymore. Harper has added a whole new level of busy that I am having a hard time keeping up with. Landon’s playing basketball right now, so between practices and games, he’s running 3 nights a week and Zoe’s ALWAYS busy with something. She isn’t in a sport right now, but she stays after school about 3 times a week, so there’s more driving back and forth for us. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining…just recognizing how different things are from just a year ago.

I have so many things I want to do, but everything takes about 5 times longer because Mr. Little No Nap isn’t taking regular naps yet. As a matter of fact, today he took exactly two 30 minute naps between the hours 7am and 5:30pm. I thought the kid was going to pass out at any moment, but it just never happened. Now that we’ve pretty much got the nighttime routine down, I guess I’m going to have to start working on a daytime nap routine with him. 

Anyways, one of the projects I am working on completing is my December Daily album. I did one two years ago, skipped last year (like a big dummy) and then decided I wasn’t busy enough this year and started one. I’m only on page 15 of the 25 days, but I’m hell bent on finishing. Hopefully before next Christmas. You can read more about the December Daily album here.

I’ve got a couple other projects going on around the house but I’ll save those for another post…just look for it around June or so!

1 comment:

ValAnn said...

At least you still blog... I just realized how neglected mine was! One of these days we'll find time to do everything we want, right?? I hope so... Glad to hear your happily busy!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...