Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sweet 16 (Layout)

Guess what? I am all caught up on my kids’ birthday albums! I can’t believe it, but it’s true!

Here’s Zoe’s Sweet 16 layout:

IMG_4932

I have so many cute pictures of the kids from that trip, but I settled on just a few of the action shots because I really wanted this to be about Zoe. I love that picture I took of her when we went to breakfast at the Thunderbird Café, and decided on that one for the focus.

Instead of handwriting the journaling I went ahead and printed it directly to the white cardstock background, and I really like the way that looks. The banners at the top were made using a new stamp set I picked up from Hampton Arts. Banners are really popular right now in scrapbooking and this seemed like the perfect page to incorporate them.

The little flowers are a newish scrapbooking item, and they are called Puffies. They are felt and button stitched stickers, and when I saw them I knew I’d have to try them out. I like how they look and will definitely be going back to the store for a few more packages!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...