Time sure does seem to be moving quickly. I swear the older I get the faster time flies!
To celebrate his 8th month, here are 8 important Harper facts.
- He’s teething. Big time. I can see the outlines of both bottom teeth, they just haven’t pushed all the way through yet; but they’re coming in and it’s a very messy experience.
- He sits up without any problem now. He still falls over, but now it’s because he’s trying to get something that’s just out of his reach. It’s probably out of his reach because he’s thrown it or not supposed to have it, but you all know that story.
- He still doesn’t seem to interested in baby food. I still feed him daily because I figure eventually he’ll like it, but sometimes it is a real struggle. I have found that he seems to
toleratelike yogurt, but even that can be a hit or miss situation.
- He loves to scream. Loudly. And often.
- Bath time is still a favorite, and now it’s even better because he can sit up and play with his toys while splashing in the water.
- We have a pretty good schedule going during the day. It’s basically wake up sometime between 5:30-6:30am, eat/play/poop till Landon goes to school, then first nap sometimes around 8:30-9am. He’ll usually sleep until 10am, then has his yogurt around 11am….then it’s chores with Mom, playing toys and maybe more pooping. Around 1pm, sometimes 2 he’ll take a nap and then be up by 3pm. After that it’s dinner around 5pm (whatever baby food I’m torturing him with)
chaosplaytime with everyone else and then bath at 6 and bed between 6:30 and 7pm. And then I nearly die of exhaustion.
- He is fascinated with the dog and Landon. They are like two wild creatures that he can’t understand but knows he wants to be just like.
- As of today he is pulling up on whatever his little hands can reach. Namely the toy basket in the living room. As long as we hold it still, he can reach up and pull himself to standing. It’s awesome and terrifying at the same time…I was still just getting used to him rolling around and now this!