So much has changed in the past month. It’s crazy how much more he’s doing compared to only a few short weeks ago!
Here’s the update:
- He can go from lying down to sitting up with no problem at all. He rarely falls over, but it still happens on occasion.
- He pulls himself up to anything and everything at eye level. That means he uses the couch, crib rails, kitchen chairs or even just my pant leg…whatever’s available. Every once in awhile he’ll even let go of what he’s pulled up to and just stand for a few moments before eventually falling over.
- His bottom two teeth are no longer the only chompers he’s got. Now there are four of those sharp little teeth showing and he likes to use them! He’s eating more and more table food, but still relies mostly on formula and baby food to get him through the day. It’s funny though that no matter what I put in front of him, it’s never as good as whatever I’ve got in front of me. I share nearly every meal with him and he loves just about everything I eat. I’m hoping he’ll keep that attitude as he grows.
- He still likes to play with many of the toys in his basket, but I can see that he’s ready for some more advances toys. He still likes to shake his rattles every once in awhile, but they are slowly losing their allure.
- He loves to play in the kitchen cabinet that holds my pots and pans. He opens and closes the doors and pulls out the pots and lids and throws them on the floor making a ton of noise as he goes. I can only stand a little of that at a time, so it’s a real treat to let him loose in there.
- He just loves to swing. It doesn’t matter if it’s the one attached to our deck, or a baby swing we may find at a park, he just loves it.
- He’s been terrible about taking naps, unless I rock/sing him to sleep and even that doesn’t work all the time. Sometimes I have to resort to just letting him work it out in the crib on his own…and I hate it.
- We all think it’s hilarious when we look on the baby monitor and see him standing up in his crib. I' don’t know why it’s funny, but it is.
- He crawls around this house with no problem whatsoever. He’ll be playing with his toys in the living room one minute and off to the library the next. He’s really fast too, so keeping up with him is a full time job. I’m sure walking will be no different…just faster.
- Right now we’re still on a two nap routine, but I fear that may be coming to an end. His sleep pattern seems to be changing some and so far I’m not sure what we’re changing to. I know he’ll be giving up one nap sooner or later, I was just kind of hoping it would be later!
- He gets to go to the pool all the time and he loves floating around in his little boat. He usually last about an hour out there, but I figure that’s pretty good since he’s just floating around. He also likes to go hang out in the baby pool, and is happy to just hold onto the side. He likes watching the other kids and I’m sure he’s memorizing everything so he can try it later!
- He HATES riding in the car for any length of time. He cries and moans and groans the whole way. I am absolutely dreading our trip to South Carolina in a couple weeks. I’m afraid I’m going to have to stay down there forever just because I don’t want to ride in the car for 8 hours on the way back.
I could go on and on, but the moral of the story here is, everything is going as planned. He’s hitting his milestones right on time and is generally a very happy baby…except when he’s in his car seat.