Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cupcakes in a Jar

There are some amazingly talented people in this world and sometimes I am just in awe of how wonderful a simple idea can be. These people take something very ordinary, like a cupcake, and make them something really special. I read a lot of blogs, but my favorites are typically family style blogs. Whether the blogger be a photographer, crafter or scrapbooker, my interest is usually peaked when I see a great idea I can recreate with or for my family.

IMG_6240

Landon isn’t a cake lover, so I’m always trying to think a little outside the box when it comes to his birthday party. I think most people expect cake and ice cream, but since this his day, I like to make it more about him. He seems to enjoy cupcakes, so this year when I came across this post, I knew it was something I could do to make his party a little extra special.

IMG_6244

I know the cupcake jars on the other site are much prettier than mine, but I just love how they turned out. The kids seemed to enjoy them and I really liked making them!

IMG_6344

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...