Thursday, June 23, 2011

For the Love of Popsicles

Why is it only when my to do list is a million miles long that one of my kids decides to get sick? Landon woke up Monday morning feeling a bit off, and ended up spending the day in my bed watching TV. By Tuesday morning his tummy ache turned into a full blown stomach bug, and he spent another whole day between my bed and the bathroom. Wednesday morning he woke up feeling somewhat better, but he said he felt dizzy and tired…I guessed that probably had something to do with the fact that he hadn’t really eaten anything since Sunday night, and after a little food he was feeling much better. Thankfully he’s been much better today and now I’ve just got my fingers crossed that no one else will get it.

One of the many things on my to do list was to get out and weed our front garden. One of the sections out front had more grass in it than flowers and it was starting to look pretty bad. Luckily the weather was decent yesterday evening and I was able to convince Tony to come out and give me a hand. We got it looking nice again, and once we were done, Tony decided he needed a treat…and for him, that means a popsicle.

IMG_6499Somehow Landon found out that his dad had a popsicle, and that meant he needed to have one too.

IMG_6500

And then I attempted to get a nice father/son photo of them eating their popsicles. This is what I got:

IMG_6504

IMG_6505

IMG_6506

IMG_6507

I still don’t know what all that was about.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...