Thursday, June 9, 2011

Made of Steel

Today my husband and I celebrated 11 years together. After 11 years we are stronger than ever, and I know I’m happier with our life together now than I’ve ever been. Things are good.

Tony likes to try to get me something according to the traditional gift list every year. I usually don’t bother with the list because I know he really just wants video games…seriously, that’s all he wants. But this year I decided I’d try to surprise him with something. And then I found out that this years traditional gift idea was to be something made of steel. Possibly not the best year to get on board with this whole thing, but I did a search and came up with some interesting ideas…like swords, laptops, cars and jewelry, all of which were out of the question.

After shopping around a little, I found these:

IMG_6222

I’m not sure if they’re actually made of steel, but I thought they were unique and would be a nice addition to the front garden we’ve been working so hard on. I think Tony was shocked that I bought him these strange looking frogs (and not a freaking video game!) for the garden because he seriously laughed his butt off about them.  He said they are really strange looking, but the kids and I think they’re cool! They are solar powered and glow at night, and I’ll have to get pictures of  them at night some other time because right now we’re having an awesome thunderstorm!

1 comment:

Tony said...

"I think Tony was shocked that I bought him these strange looking frogs (and not a freaking video game!) for the garden"

Well they have one thing going for them, cause a video game would not look good in the garden.

I will say that they are pretty cool looking at night, but a sword of valyrian steel would have been nice.

http://www.valyriansteel.com/

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...