Thursday, August 25, 2011

Maroon 5/Train Concert

Last night Zoe and I went to the Gavin Degraw, Maroon 5, Train concert. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect since I haven’t been to a big concert since high school, but I certainly wasn’t disappointed. All three of them put on an amazing show, and I’d recommend every fan out there go to the show if you get the chance. Since I haven’t bought tickets for such a big event in a long time and I’ve never been to a concert at Merriweather, I had no idea that I had bought tickets for the pit! Zoe and I were pretty excited when we realized how close we were going to be to the stage.

Train

687

I’m not going to go into a long tirade about every song they sang and whether or not I knew or liked it, but Train and Maroon 5 played every song that I really wanted them to. It was like they created their set lists for me or something! They both played a good mix of their newer and older music but hearing Meet Virginia and Drops of Jupiter live was a real treat. Those two songs are where it all began for me and Train! (Wow, I am a freaking dork!)

Gavin Degraw

665

Maroon 5

679

Gavin Degraw opened the show, and I didn’t know most of his songs only the ones played on the radio over and over again, but he was also really good. Of the three of them I think that Train put on the most entertaining performance but Adam Levine was also pretty energetic up there! Train had a lot of audience participation and I think that always makes things a little more fun. Close to the end of the show, Patrick Monahan (Train lead singer) walked up through the entire audience singing Marry Me and at one point stopped to let a man propose to his girlfriend. Needless to say, the woman was pretty shocked, and she, of course, said YES! Another thing that I thought was really cool about Monahan was that he kept grabbing peoples cameras and taking pictures of himself with them! Zoe and I were ready to chuck our phones up on the stage so we could get a picture!

All in all it was a great night and well worth every penny. It was fun to just go out and pretend to be 17 again, and now I’m on the lookout for my next show! :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, wow! I'd love to see them all in concert! It must have been so amazing.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...