Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oh, Irene

Well, we made it through Hurricane Irene without much incident. I’m not one of those people who was waiting for something “more entertaining” and I’m just incredibly thankful that we didn’t lose power or have a tree fall on our house.

Zoe was at work during a good bit of the storm, and she was scheduled to stay until 1am, but luckily the theater closed it’s doors early and she was home by 10pm. There is a lot of flooding in our area, and Annapolis is really hurting. We just got a call a few hours ago letting us know that there won’t be any school tomorrow because of widespread power outages and debris on side roads and such. Too bad we’ll have to use a crappy hurricane as one of our snow days…but, again, I am very, very thankful that we are all safe and that it has moved out of our area.

We did have a little bit of damage though, in the form of a fallen plum tree.

IMG_8117IMG_8118IMG_8119

It kind of just blew over to the left and you can see that the entire root has been lifted out of the ground. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to save it, but we are going to try. If not, we’ll be planting another one because it was a great looking tree!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...