Friday, October 14, 2011

Senior Toga Breakfast

Today was senior toga breakfast. All the seniors get to dress up in their togas and the school puts on a breakfast for them…at 4:30am. Zoe spent the night with her girlfriends last night so that they could all drive up to the school together which means that I didn’t get any pictures of her in her this morning. But, because I knew that was going to happen, I snapped a few the day we were learning how to “make” her toga.

IMG_9202

You weren’t really expecting a white sheet were you?

I don’t know how the rest of the country does it, but at Zoe’s school all the girls go out and buy fabric especially for toga day! We bought 4 yards (WAY too much!) of this gorgeous shimmery blue fabric and a yard and a half of the braided cord for the belt. Then, we came home and watched a few internet tutorials on how to do this, and this is what we got. Not too bad considering I had no clue what I was doing! She aactually didn’t end up looking anything like this when her friends got ahold of her, but she looked beautiful, and she had a great time…

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...