Wednesday, February 15, 2012

For the Birds

Harper was walking around looking a little bored today, so I decided we’d play outside for a bit despite it only being in the 40’s. It was actually pretty nice out as long as we were in the sun, and we ended up being out there for about an hour.

He and I spotted our birdfeeders under the deck and thought today would be a good day to clean them up and hang them outside. I know we’re pretty late in the season, but better late than never, right?

IMG_1196

Harper helped me carry the feeders out onto the deck after we washed them up a bit in the kitchen sink. He also wanted to help fill the feeders up with the seed, so I gave him a little cup and he went for it.

IMG_1199

IMG_1197

He was being so careful not to spill any of the seed, and he really did a great job. He spilled a little here and there, but much less than I did attempting to fill the taller feeder by pouring it straight from the bag! He just looked up at me and said “uh-oh” when he saw what a mess I made!

I haven’t seen any birds out there yet, but there have been a few squirrels;  I know Harper is going to love watching the birds and squirrels from the window when he wakes up from his nap!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...