Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Warm and Bright

IMG_1468

It was nearly 80 degree’s here today. When we got up this morning it was very cloudy and there was a slight chill in the air, but by 9:30am the clouds had moved out and the sun was shining warm and bright.

Harper and I had a few things to pick up at Target, but the rest of the day was free to play outside in the lovely weather.

We did the usual, jumping on the trampoline, sliding on the slide, and drawing with the sidewalk chalk. He ate a little picnic lunch out on the deck and then took a long 2 1/2 hour nap. The sun does that to him.

IMG_1421

Before dinner, we were outside watching Landon play basketball and football with some of the neighborhood kids. I brought Harper’s little red car outside so he could try moving it on his own, but he hasn’t quite figured it out yet.

IMG_1428

IMG_1431

After dinner it was still light enough to go outside for a bit, so we all congregated on the front stoop for popsicles. Harper had just had a diaper change and it was pretty warm out so we let him go outside sans pants. He loved it!

IMG_1447

Even Zoe came out to join us! She was busy doing homework but wanted to take advantage of the weather too.

IMG_1471

Landon showed me lots and lots of tricks he could do with the basketball and even challenged me to a game of pig (in which I beat him and then he changed it to horse and I still beat him! :)).

IMG_1466

Ginger always wants to join us when we’re outside too, so she sniffed around the front yard and grabbed the bits of popsicle that fell and just kinda hung around my feet like she does in the house.

IMG_1473

Looks like we’ll be having another gorgeous weather day tomorrow! I’m really looking forward to it! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...