- A story I forgot to tell: Landon’s friend invited him over to play at his house last Sunday (which was Easter). While I was on the phone with his friends mom, he asked me to see if his friend could play here instead. So, I asked her and she said that was fine…when I got off the phone I asked Landon why he didn’t want to play there. He told me it was because he’d never been away from home for Easter and didn’t want to go anywhere for this one either. He also said he didn’t want to miss our big Easter lunch together and he liked being with us on holidays. Sometimes that kid just melts my heart.
- This was Harper’s second week of Rolly Pollies and he absolutely had a wonderful time. At the end of playtime they give the kids stamps. The first time we went the instructor gave him a stamp on each foot, each hand and on his tummy. He looked at them off and on for the rest of the day and was so happy to show everyone when they came home from school/work. At the end of this weeks class, the instructor (a different one going through training) only gave him a stamp on each foot. Well, he looked at his feet and then stood up and walked right up to her and pulled up his shirt! That was his way of telling her that she needed to give him his tummy stamp! After that he held out each hand for her to do, and only then was he happy! It was kind of funny because there was a little girl behind him who was watching and as soon as he finished she walked up and pulled up her shirt so she could get a stamp on her tummy too!
- I have been so exhausted this week. I haven’t really had any energy to do anything and man is my house showing it. Harper hasn’t been the best sleeper since we got back from vacation, but he does seem to be getting better. My sleep is interrupted constantly by the need to pee and then it takes me forever to get comfortable again. If this is how it’s going to be until I give birth, it’s going to be a long final trimester!
- Tony found out that he’s going to be traveling to Mobile, Alabama later this month. It’s the first time in his career that he’s had to travel and we’re both a little freaked out by it. I don’t know how I’m going to get everything done without him here to help me…guess I’ll be figuring it out soon. I’m just going to keep my fingers crossed that this will be a one time only sort of thing.
- Tonight was Zoe’s IB pinning ceremony. Tony and I went to help set up, and the program was really nice. They had appetizers at the beginning and then we all went into the auditorium to watch a video in honor of all the IB students. After the video each kid walked across the stage to receive his/her IB stole and pin. It was cool to hear where each kid was going to go to school and about scholarships they received and their achievements. I am so proud to be the parent of such an incredible student and couldn’t help but feel very proud for all the kids who participated in such a rigorous, demanding program.
Friday, April 13, 2012
Five on Friday
Tony and Harper were up and out of the house very early Saturday morning. The camp was about an hour drive and they wanted to make the ...
It's great to be home but we sure had a lot to do that first day. I needed to unpack all our bags and get everything put away and we als...
My dad is an early riser so when my two young-en's get up he's typically the first one up with them. It was funny to listen to him t...