Monday, April 9, 2012

A Tisket A Tasket…

We signed up for a 9am basket weaving class on Wednesday. I know nine isn’t really early, but it was torture getting out of our room by 8:30am that morning! We made it though, and the class was really cool.

Aunt TT, Mom, Zoe, Landon and myself attended this class. We all made the same bread baskets and every single one of them came out differently.

IMG_1994

Aunt TT was like a basket weaving machine. She was the first one of us to finish and she was just good at it. (Don’t be mad at me for posting this picture, Tish!)

IMG_1995

Mom really enjoyed making her basket and she was the second quickest in our group.

IMG_1996

Zoe was actually a pretty good weaver too, and she ended up helping me and Landon when we needed it.

IMG_1997

Landon and I thought it would be best if he sat next to me during the class so that if he needed help, I’d be able to help him. Little did we know that he would be helping me just as much! I just couldn’t quite get the hang of what I was supposed to be doing and I was incredible slow and behind everyone else! Landon was able to explain to me what to do on certain parts and I was able to quickly catch him up when he’d fall behind. We made a pretty good team!

IMG_1998

Everyone’s basket turned out really cool looking and it was a lot of fun to do. I think we all left with a little more of an appreciation to how much work goes into basketry!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...