Sunday, June 24, 2012

Music to My Ears

I rented the movie Victor Victoria from Netflix back in January, and I finally watched it the other night. It only took me 6 months to make time for it, but I’m really glad I finally did! I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite, but I certainly enjoyed all 2+ hours of it which is more than I can say about most movies I’ve seen.

I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved musicals. I can’t name one I’ve ever seen that I didn’t love. Watching them on video is great, but take me out to a live show and I’m in heaven! Wicked is going to be here in October and I’ve sent my husband lots and lots of hints about it. It just so happens to be showing on my birthday, and I can’t think of a better way to spend my day! He and I have seen a few other shows, and I don’t think he minds seeing them, even though it’s really my thing. We’ve seen:

  • Hairspray (EXCELLENT!!!)
  • High School Musical (Went for the kids, ended up LOVING it!)
  • Annie (Classic goodness, took the kids to this one too.)
  • The Lion King (In NY on Broadway. AhhhMaaaZing!!!)
  • Brigadoon (Saw this one in high school put on by high school)

Unfortunately, that is the end of my list. It’s short, huh? It’s too bad they’re so expensive or I’d go see one as often as possible. I do have a list of others I’d like to see live though.

My love for musicals goes way back and probably began with Grease. My sister and I knew every line and song to that movie, probably still do. We also loved Little Shop of Horrors. I can’t even begin to imagine how many times I watched that one. Then there was Rocky Horror Picture Show which I can’t for the life of me figure out why my mom would let me watch when I was so young!

Here’s a list of others that I’ve watched and loved:

  • The Sound of Music
  • Footloose
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Moulin Rouge
  • Bye Bye Birdie
  • Sweeny Todd
  • Mama Mia

There are others, I just can’t remember them all right now. I’ll just keep adding to my list as I think of them! Smile

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...