Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One Hour

Harper still wasn’t up when I finished all of my morning stuff today, so I went in and woke him up at 7:30am. I know it seems crazy to wake a sleeping baby, but I am all about keeping him on a nighttime-naptime-awake time schedule. It just works for me.

His Mema was here to pick him up for Rolly Pollies at 8:30am and it dawned on me how much we had done in the one short hour that he’d been awake.

  • Get him up and ready for the day
  • Breakfast for him; banana, mandarin orange slices and apple juice
  • Playtime

We played with his animals, which basically means we pulled out each one, one at a time, from the toy box and put them in the middle of the kitchen floor and then sat on them. They like it.

IMG_3870

Then, we pulled out each “big one” car from the toy box, again one at a time, and put them in their designated spots on the coffee table. We didn’t actually play with them yet, but they are there for later when he gets home and wants to push them across the table to me…but only after telling me exactly where I should sit on the floor across from him. And, I do mean exactly where to sit.

IMG_3865

Next up was brothers new toy, HexBugs. He likes to sit down right in the middle of the action…

IMG_3868

So, I guess that may not seem like a whole lot, but really it was only one measly hour. I can’t imagine trying to actually document an entire day. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...