Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Promotion Ceremony, Take 2

Early Friday morning, Landon’s school held their 5th grade promotion ceremony. (The 5th graders didn’t get caps & tassels, but he’s cooler than most 5th graders and had a sister who just graduated high school a few days prior, so he had a hat to wear!)

IMG_3333

I remembered sitting in the worst spot for Zoe’s 5th grade ceremony years ago and hoped that things hadn’t changed too much so we sat where I thought the “action” would be and I was right! (Nothing’s changed in all these years!!)

We got to see him come through the balloon arch while the pomp and circumstance played (and again, I was teary eyed):

IMG_3338

And, I could see his cute little face sitting in the sea of happy 5th graders:

IMG_3341

Each fifty grader was given a carnation and was able to dedicate it someone. Landon dedicated his to his family. We were all so happy! And yes, tears were in my eyes again!

IMG_3354

That’s his teacher Mrs. Bell handing him his certificates. She was also Zoe’s teacher in elementary school and in Tony’s graduating class. Small world, right?

IMG_3359

I was sitting on the floor in front of them and Landon spotted me, but Mrs. Bell spotted Mema sitting in the chairs to the right…that’s why they are looking two different directions!

IMG_3362

The kids sang two songs, Firework by Katy Perry and Count on Me by Bruno Mars. I’m not a Katy Perry fan at all, but I loved hearing the kids sing her song. Bruno Mars I like a lot and when they sang Count on Me, I was just a bit more than teary eyed. As a matter of fact, I can’t even listen to that song at all now because it just makes me think of my kids and how I hope they know that they can always count on me.

And that I’ll be there.

Always.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...