Friday, August 31, 2012

DJ

I needed some kind of art to go above Dakota’s changing table, so mom and I thought it would be fun to decoupage her initials.

IMG_4315

I bought the letters at Jo-Ann’s Fabrics and we broke out the Mod Podge and got to work! I’d never really mod podged before, but mom had done some so she led the way.

It’s quite messy, but really pretty easy. You just select your papers, tear or cut them and start gluing them down. Once your letter or shape is covered, you do several coats of the mod podge on top to make it nice and smooth. I have to admit that mom ended up doing most of the work on these, but I tried to help when I wasn’t holding or entertaining one of the two babies. Without her help, I’d probably still be trying to finish them!

IMG_4932

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...