Saturday, September 8, 2012

Well Visits for the Little’s

Yesterday Tony and I took Harper and Dakota to the doctor for their check-up’s. Harper needed his 2 year well visit, and Dakota was there for her 2 month well visit.

I knew that they were both going to be getting shots and that Harper was not going to like the doctor looking at him, so I was happy that Tony had taken the day off work to help me out. If he hadn’t, I would have had to reschedule for one of them because there was no way I was doing both at the same time.

Harper was pretty much a hot mess the entire visit. He started crying when the nurse asked him to stand on the scale to get his weight and pretty much cried the rest of the time we were there. Our pediatrician is wonderful though, and he examined Harper as quickly as he could while still being thorough.

IMG_5045

At two years old, Harper is:

  • 29.8 pounds
  • 37 inches tall
  • 50 cm. head circumference

He’s healthy and strong and smart and beautiful. He loves to play “gonna get you” and peek-a-boo. He loves to read books, play on my iPad, build tunnels with blocks, and jump on the trampoline. He looks forward to Rolly Pollies every week, and talks up a storm. He doesn’t eat as much as he used to and is becoming picky about what he will eat. He hates having his teeth brushed but still enjoys bath time. He has absolutely no interest in potty training, but likes to sit on the potty every night before he gets in the bath. In other words, he’s awesome and we couldn’t love him more.

Dakota did great during her appointment and didn’t cry at all until they gave her shots. It was a total of 5 vaccines; one oral and the other 4 are combined into two shots. Thank goodness. Unfortunately, after she got her shots, she wasn’t feeling well. She slept and slept, but when she’d wake she was terribly fussy and wouldn’t move her little legs. After sleeping through most of the day though, she was feeling better in the evening and by this morning, she was back to normal. Those shots were rough on her little body. I hate that.

IMG_5095

At two month’s old, Dakota is:

  • 11.14 pounds
  • 23 1/4 inches tall
  • 41 cm. head circumference

She too, is healthy and strong and smart and beautiful. She loves to be held and talked to. She’s noticing toys around her, especially one little baby doll that rattles and squeaks. She still naps quite often and has no particular set schedule, but she does sleep rather well through the night, only waking once or twice and then going right back to sleep after eating. She loves to snuggle up to me in my Moby wrap, and she coos to me when I talk to her. Her brother’s scare the devil out of her with their loud noises, but she seems to be getting used to them and their noisiness. Every once in awhile she lets out a little happy screech and it’s really cool to see her change from newborn to infant right before our eyes. She’s very aware of things going on around her and just today I noticed how she whenever I’d walk away or around her she’d track me with her eyes until she couldn’t see me.

Both of my little’s are doing great and are healthy and moving ahead in the right direction. I couldn’t be more thankful.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...