Tuesday, October 2, 2012

3 Months

IMG_5482

Today marks the beginning of Dakota’s third month. Crazy. Just the other day I called her doctor’s office to request a referral and the receptionist (who knows us quite well) said “How old is Dakota now, about a month right?” When I said no, she’s nearly 3 months, she gasped and said “my goodness, it seems like she was JUST born”. I feel that way too…except for the days I feel like it’s been 10 years since I gave birth to her. You know what I mean?

She’s just turning into the most incredibly gorgeous little girl. I mean, I’ve always thought she was beautiful, but to me, she just gets more beautiful each day. She’s changed so quickly from a newborn into a baby, and I know things aren’t going to slow down.

She sleeps really well at night, between 6-8 hours at a time, typically, and that has made my life a lot easier. I was so worried I’d be so sleep deprived I wouldn’t be able to function, but luckily, that hasn’t been the case…so far. She likes to cat nap during the day, 20 minutes here and there, and that makes getting anything done difficult, but I just remind myself (over, and over and over again) that it won’t last forever.

She loves to be held up on my shoulder so that she can suck on her hand or arm, whichever she can manage to get in her mouth. She loves to stretch out on a blanket in the living room and watch the ceiling fan go round; something each of my kids has liked. She coos and gives me the biggest heart melting smiles, and just as often is fussy and inconsolable.

It was actually difficult for me to choose which picture to put in her frame this month as so many of them were so good. I ultimately chose the one at the top of this post because I love how bright and shiny her eyes are.

Tomorrow we are heading to Johns Hopkins to have her hearing tested, so keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...